Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Another Short but Sweet Trip to the Desert..

Another attempt at the painful ring locks on 'Slice and Dice'.

 I fucking love the Desert. Every time I go, I never want to leave. I might have to move to Utah. I like this place so much because it both humbles me and puts me in a domain where I feel comfortable pushing myself on vertical terrain. When I walk around the base of these cliffs and see perfect lines like 'Slice and Dice'  -geographic anomalies as I like to call them- I'm ready to sweat and bleed to work towards climbing these nasty little fuckers clean.
 What really make this place so special, and what ultimately keeps me coming back are the monster crack pitches that go on forever. Looming well over a hundred feet above the trail and sometimes visible miles away, these vision quests require a commitment to endure and eventually deposit you up into a sea of varying wing-gate sandstone.  Nothing creates an internal dialog more vividly or a sense of accomplishment here than these rope stretchers.
 Only had about five days in the Desert this time, but I climbed my ass off. And left battered enough to take a break but more eager than ever to continue climbing here..

No comments:

Post a Comment